Recent temperature extremes, rainfall, sunshine and snow depths over the British Isles
- Maximum temperature; 06-18 UTC
- Minimum temperature; 18-06 UTC
- Grass minimum temperature; 18-06 UTC
- Overnight rainfall; 18-06 UTC
- Daytime rainfall; 06-18 UTC
- Note that during cold weather many official sites on these maps under-report precipitation due to problems with icing and with solid snow blocking the tipping bucket raingauge.
- Sunshine; sunrise-sunset yesterday
- Recent snowdepths
- Recent snowdepths (3 hours earlier/later)
Maps of current weather and temperatures for the past 24 hours
Location of UK/Ireland 03iii synoptic stations:
- Plotted locations; click on the map to enlarge it
- Key to plot
- Stations are plotted according to their 3-digit WMO iii code - thus in the first link Baltasound is shown by station 002 (the most northerly station). The fact that 002 is Baltasound can be seen in the second link.