Senior Scientist, European Centre for Medium-Range Weather
Professor of Atmospheric Physics, Department of Meteorology,
University of Reading
- October 2017: Adept version 2.0 has
been released: this C++ library combines array and automatic
model cycle 43R3 became operational: this cycle includes my new
- February 2017: ecRad, the offline version of the new ECMWF
available under the OpenIFS license.
View news archive...
My research concerns radiative transfer, clouds and remote sensing
with radar and lidar. Since April 2014 my primary affiliation
where I have responsibility for the radiation scheme. My past and
present University of Reading activities are described on
the Clouds Group web page. I have research
links with colleages in the Radar Group and
the Radiation Group.
Some freely available research codes I have written:
The following is free as in beer but not speech:
- Address European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts,
Shinfield Park, Reading RG2 9AX, UK.
- Tel +44 (0)118 9499733
- Email r.j.hogan at ecmwf.int
- Address Department of Meteorology, University of Reading,
Earley Gate, PO Box 243, Reading RG6 6BX, UK.
- Email r.j.hogan at reading.ac.uk
I am normally at the University on Thursday afternoons.
|A desktop ammusement I wrote for Unix/Linux, now included in
several Linux distributions.
||A review of Reading Curry Houses in the style of an enduring