I'm a lecturer in the Department of Meteorology at the University of Reading. My area of research can be broadly defined as the dynamics of weather systems and their role in transporting atmospheric pollutants. For more details click on the research tab.
Extratropical Cyclone Atlas
The Extratropical Cyclone Atlas explores the mean structure and evolution of the 200 most intense north Atlantic cyclones identified in 20 winters of the ERA-Interim reanalysis data. To access the Atlas click on the Extratropical Cyclone Atlas tab. The cyclone composites in the atlas highlight the relative positions of cold, warm and occluded fronts and their associated wind and cloud patterns. They also illustrate the evolution of cyclonic flows such as the warm and cold conveyor belt and dry intrusion.
My research group
- Dan Peake 2008- Oct 2012 (jointly with John Methven) *completed* Now working at MetraWeather
- Natalie Harvey 2009-2013 (jointly with Robin Hogan) *submitted*
- Matt Hawcroft 2011-present (jointly with Len Shaffrey and Kevin Hodges)
- Kate Fradley 2013- present (jointly with Andrew Charlton-Perez)
- Benoit Vanniere at Imperial College (jointly with Tim Woollings and Arnaud Czaja)
- Natalie Harvey 2013-present (jointly with Dave Thomson (MO) and ACP)
- Marc Stringer 2012-2013
- Marc Stringer 2010
- Alan Grant 2010-2011