- nonlinMIP contribution to CMIP6: model intercomparison project for non-linear mechanisms: physical basis, experimental design and analysis principles (v1.0). Geosci. Model Devel., 9, 4019-4028 10.5194/gmd-9-4019-2016 , 2016.
- Variation in climate sensitivity and feedback parameters during the historical period. Geophys. Res. Lett., 43, 3911-3920 10.1002/2016gl068406 , 2016.
- Small global-mean cooling due to volcanic radiative forcing. Clim. Dyn., 47, 3979-3991 10.1007/s00382-016-3055-1 , 2016.
- The Flux-Anomaly-Forced Model Intercomparison Project (FAFMIP) contribution to CMIP6: investigation of sea-level and ocean climate change in response to CO₂ forcing. Geosci. Model Devel., 9, 3993-4017 10.5194/gmd-9-3993-2016 , 2016.
- OMIP contribution to CMIP6: experimental and diagnostic protocol for the physical component of the Ocean Model Intercomparison Project. Geosci. Model Devel., 9, 3231-3296 10.5194/gmd-9-3231-2016 , 2016.
- Irreducible uncertainty in near-term climate projections. Clim. Dyn., 46, 3807-3819 10.1007/s00382-015-2806-8 , 2016.
- Ice Sheet Model Intercomparison Project (ISMIP6) contribution to CMIP6. Geosci. Model Devel., 9, 4521-4545 10.5194/gmd-9-4521-2016 , 2016.
- Multi-annual ocean-atmosphere adjustments to radiative forcing. J. Climate, 29, 5643-5659 10.1175/jcli-d-16-0312.1 , 2016.
- Improved climate simulations through a stochastic parameterization of ocean eddies. J. Climate, 29, 8673-8781 10.1175/jcli-d-15-0746.1 , 2016.
- The dependence of radiative forcing and feedback on evolving patterns of surface temperature change in climate models. J. Climate, 28, 1630-1648 10.1175/jcli-d-14-00545.1 , 2015.
- Analysis of the regional pattern of sea level change due to ocean dynamics and density changes for 1993-2099 in observations and CMIP5 AOGCMs. Clim. Dyn., 45, 2647-2666 10.1007/s00382-015-2499-z , 2015.
- Nonlinearity of ocean heat uptake during warming and cooling in the FAMOUS climate model. Geophys. Res. Lett., 42, 2409-2416 10.1002/2014gl062807 , 2015.
- Recent progress in understanding and projecting regional and global mean sea-level change. Current Climate Change Reports, 1, 224-246 10.1007/s40641-015-0024-4 , 2015.
- Ocean heat uptake processes: a model intercomparison. J. Climate, 28, 887-908 10.1175/jcli-d-14-00235.1 , 2015.
- Nonlinear regional warming with increasing CO₂ concentration. Nature Climate Change 10.1038/nclimate2498 , 2015.
- The inconstancy of the transient climate response parameter under increasing CO₂. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, 373, 20140417 10.1098/rsta.2014.0417 , 2015.
- A traceable physical calibration of the vertical advection-diffusion equation for modeling ocean heat uptake. Geophys. Res. Lett., 42, 2333-2341 10.1002/2015gl063383 , 2015.
- A process-based analysis of ocean heat uptake in an AOGCM with an eddy-permitting ocean component. Clim. Dyn., 45, 3205-3226 10.1007/s00382-015-2534-0 , 2015.
- Separating the influence of projected changes in air temperature and wind on patterns of sea level change and ocean heat content. J. Geophys. Res., 120, 5749-5765 10.1002/2015jc010928 , 2015.
- Adjustments in the forcing-feedback framework for understanding climate change. Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc., 96, 217-228 10.1175/bams-d-13-00167.1 , 2015.
- Attribution of the spatial pattern of CO₂-forced sea level change to ocean surface flux changes. Environ. Res. Lett., 9, 034004 10.1088/1748-9326/9/3/034004 , 2014.
- The drivers of projected North Atlantic sea level change. Clim. Dyn., 43, 1531-1544 10.1007/s00382-013-1973-8 , 2014.
- Probabilistic parameterisation of the surface mass balance--elevation feedback in regional climate model simulations of the Greenland ice sheet. The Cryosphere, 8, 181-194 10.5194/tc-8-181-2014 , 2014.
- Effect of uncertainty in surface mass balance--elevation feedback on projections of the future sea level contribution of the Greenland ice sheet. The Cryosphere, 8, 195-208 10.5194/tc-8-195-2014 , 2014.
- Comment on ``Expert assessment of sea-level rise by AD 2100 and AD 2300'', by Horton et al. (2014). Quaternary Sci. Rev., 97, 193-194 10.1016/j.quascirev.2014.05.024 , 2014.
- Feedbacks and mechanisms affecting the global sensitivity of glaciers to climate change. The Cryosphere, 8, 59-71 10.5194/tc-8-59-2014 , 2014.
- A large ozone-circulation feedback and its implications for global warming assessments. Nature Climate Change, 5, 41-45 10.1038/nclimate2451 , 2014.
- The impact of salinity perturbations on the future uptake of heat by the Atlantic Ocean. Geophys. Res. Lett., 41 10.1002/2014gl062169 , 2014.
- The reversibility of sea level rise. J. Climate, 26, 2502-2513 10.1175/jcli-d-12-00285.1 , 2013.
- The ocean's gravitational potential energy budget in a coupled climate model. Geophys. Res. Lett., 40, 1-6 10.1002/2013gl057996 , 2013.
- Sea Level Change. Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press 10.1017/cbo9781107415324.026 , 2013.
- Sea-level rise by 2100. Science, 342, 1445, 2013.
- Evaluating the ability of process based models to project sea-level change. Environ. Res. Lett., 8, 014051 10.1088/1748-9326/8/1/014051 , 2013.
- Evaluating adjusted forcing and model spread for historical and future scenarios in the CMIP5 generation of climate models. J. Geophys. Res., 118, 1-12 10.1002/jgrd.50174 , 2013.
- Abrupt CO₂ experiments as tools for predicting and understanding CMIP5 representative concentration pathway projections. Clim. Dyn., 40, 1041-1053 10.1007/s00382-012-1410-4 , 2013.
- Climate models without pre-industrial volcanic forcing underestimate historical ocean thermal expansion. Geophys. Res. Lett., 40, 1-5 10.1002/grl.50339 , 2013.
- Twentieth-century global-mean sea-level rise: is the whole greater than the sum of the parts?. J. Climate, 26, 4476-4499 10.1175/jcli-d-12-00319.1 , 2013.
- Energy budget constraints on climate response. Nature Geosci., 6, 415-416 10.1038/ngeo1836 , 2013.
- Technical summary. Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Contributions of different cloud types to feedbacks and rapid adjustments in CMIP5. J. Climate, 26, 5007-5027 10.1175/jcli-d-12-00555.1 , 2013.
- Cloud adjustment and its role in CO₂ radiative forcing and climate sensitivity. Surv. Geophys., 33, 619-635 10.1007/s10712-011-9152-0 , 2012.
- Forcing, Feedbacks and Climate Sensitivity in CMIP5 Coupled Atmosphere-Ocean Climate Models. Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L09712 10.1029/2012gl051607 , 2012.
- The effect of windstress change on future sea level change in the Southern Ocean. Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L23602 10.1029/2012gl054207 , 2012.
- Calibrated prediction of Pine Island Glacier retreat during the 21st and 22nd centuries with a coupled flowline model. Earth Planet. Sc. Lett., 333-334, 191-199 10.1016/j.epsl.2012.04.022 , 2012.
- A step-response approach for predicting and understanding non-linear precipitation changes. Clim. Dyn., 39, 2789-2803 10.1007/s00382-012-1571-1 , 2012.
- Modelling large-scale ice-sheet--climate interactions following glacial inception. Clim. Past, 8, 1565-1580 10.5194/cp-8-1565-2012 , 2012.
- Ocean heat uptake and its consequences for the magnitude of sea level rise and climate change. Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L18608 10.1029/2012gl052952 , 2012.
- The influence of eddy parameterizations on the transport of the Antarctic Circumpolar Current in coupled climate models. Ocean Modelling, 52-53, 1-8 10.1016/j.ocemod.2012.04.006 , 2012.
- A parametric sensitivity study of entropy production and kinetic energy dissipation using the FAMOUS AOGCM. Clim. Dyn., 38, 1211-1227 10.1007/s00382-011-0996-2 , 2012.
- Vertical and horizontal processes in the global atmosphere and the maximum entropy production conjecture. Earth Sys. Dyn., 3, 19-32 10.5194/esd-3-19-2012 , 2012.
- Greenland ice sheet surface mass balance: evaluating simulations and making projections with regional climate models. The Cryosphere, 6, 1275-1294 10.5194/tc-6-1275-2012 , 2012.
- Precise calculations of the existence of multiple AMOC equilibria in coupled climate models Part I: equilibrium states. J. Climate, 25, 282-298 10.1175/2011jcli4245.1 , 2012.
- The key role of the western boundary in linking the AMOC strength to the north-south pressure gradient. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 42, 628-643 10.1175/jpo-d-11-0113.1 , 2012.
- Transient simulations of the last glacial cycle with an AOGCM. Clim. Dyn., 38, 1545-1559 10.1007/s00382-011-1283-y , 2012.
- Origins of differences in climate sensitivity, forcing and feedback in climate models. Clim. Dyn. 10.1007/s00382-012-1336-x , 2012.
- Response of the North Atlantic storm track to climate change shaped by ocean-atmosphere coupling. Nature Geosci., 5, 313-317 10.1038/ngeo1438 , 2012.
- High frequency variability of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation. Ocean Sci., 7, 471-486 10.5194/os-7-471-2011 , 2011.
- Understanding and projecting sea level change. Oceanography, 24, 130-143, 2011.
- Revisiting the Earth's sea-level and energy budgets from 1961 to 2008. Geophys. Res. Lett., 38, L18601 10.1029/2011gl048794 , 2011.
- A step-response simple climate model to reconstruct and interpret AOGCM projections. Geophys. Res. Lett., 38, L01703 10.1029/2010gl045208 , 2011.
- Kinetic energy analysis of the response of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation to CO₂-forced climate change. Clim. Dyn., 37, 893-914 10.1007/s00382-010-0847-6 , 2011.
- Bistability of the Atlantic overturning circulation in a global climate model and links to ocean freshwater transport. Geophys. Res. Lett., 38, L10605 10.1029/2011gl047208 , 2011.
- A model study of factors influencing projected changes in regional sea level over the 21st century. Clim. Dyn., 36, 2015-2033 10.1007/s00382-009-0738-x , 2011.
- Climate entropy budget of the HadCM3 atmosphere ocean general circulation model and of FAMOUS, its low-resolution version. Clim. Dyn., 36, 1189-1206 10.1007/s00382-009-0718-1 , 2011.
- Ocean temperature and salinity contributions to global and regional sea-level change. Understanding sea-level rise and variability, Wiley-Blackwell, 2010.
- Long-term effect of volcanic forcing on ocean heat content. Geophys. Res. Lett., 37, L22701 10.1029/2010gl045507 , 2010.
- A sea of uncertainty. Nature Reports Climate Change 10.1038/climate.2010.30 , 2010.
- Thresholds for irreversible decline of the Greenland ice sheet. Clim. Dyn., 35, 1065-1073 10.1007/s00382-009-0646-0 , 2010.
- The sea-level conundrum: case studies from palaeo-archives. J. Quat. Sci., 25, 19-25 10.1002/jqs.1270 , 2010.
- A Surface Energy Perspective on Climate Change. J. Climate, 22, 2557-2570 10.1175/2008jcli2759.1 , 2009.
- Understanding land-sea warming contrast in response to increasing greenhouse gases. Part I: Transient adjustment. J. Climate, 22, 3079-3097 10.1175/2009jcli2652.1 , 2009.
- Carbon dioxide induced stomatal closure increases radiative forcing of climate via a rapid reduction in low cloud. Geophys. Res. Lett., L02703 10.1029/2008gl036273 , 2009.
- Quantifying carbon-cycle feedbacks. J. Climate, 22, 5232-5250 10.1175/2009jcli2949.1 , 2009.
- The Sea Level Conundrum: Insights From Paleo Studies. Eos, Trans. Am. Geophys. Union, 90, 72-73, 2009.
- A study of the sensitivity of ocean overturning circulation and climate to freshwater input in different regions of the North Atlantic. Geophys. Res. Lett., 36, L15701 10.1029/2009gl038607 , 2009.
- Transient climate response estimated from radiative forcing and observed temperature change. J. Geophys. Res., 113, D23105 10.1029/2008jd010405 , 2008.
- Tropospheric adjustment induces a cloud component in CO₂ forcing. J. Climate, 21, 58-71 10.1175/2007jcli1834.1 , 2008.
- Sea level rise: what makes prediction so difficult?. Technical Report, NERC, 2008.
- Mechanisms for the land/sea warming contrast exhibited by simulations of climate change. Clim. Dyn., 30, 455-465 10.1007/s00382-007-0306-1 , 2008.
- Dependence of the land-sea contrast in surface climate response on the nature of the forcing. Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L24802 10.1029/2008gl036234 , 2008.
- A review of uncertainties in global temperature projections over the twenty-first century. J. Climate, 21, 2651-2663 10.1175/2007jcli2119.1 , 2008.
- A description of the FAMOUS (version XDBUA) climate model and control run. Geosci. Model Devel., 1, 53-68 10.5194/gmd-1-53-2008 , 2008.
- A closer look at the IPCC report. Science, 319, 409-410, 2008.
- Time variation of effective climate sensitivity in GCMs. J. Climate, 21, 5076-–5090 10.1175/2008jcli2371.1 , 2008.
- Observations: Oceanic Climate Change and Sea Level. Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Global climate projections. Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Technical Summary. Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Land/sea warming ratio in response to climate change: IPCC AR4 model results and comparison with observations. Geophys. Res. Lett., 34, L02701 10.1029/2006gl028164 , 2007.
- The impact of Natural and Anthropogenic Forcings on Climate and Hydrology. Clim. Dyn., 28, 3-34 10.1007/s00382-006-0165-1 , 2007.
- A new feedback on climate change from the hydrological cycle. Geophys. Res. Lett., 34, L08706 10.1029/2007gl029275 , 2007.
- Observational constraints on climate sensitivity. Avoiding Dangerous Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Mechanisms of ocean heat uptake in a coupled climate model and the implications for tracer based predictions of ocean heat uptake. Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L07608 10.1029/2005gl025352 , 2006.
- The climate sensitivity and its components diagnosed from Earth radiation budget data. J. Climate, 19, 39-52, 2006.
- Krakatoa lives: the effect of volcanic eruptions on ocean heat content and thermal expansion. Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L17702 10.1029/2006gl026771 , 2006.
- Krakatoa's signature persists in the ocean. Nature, 439, 675 10.1038/439675a , 2006.
- Ice-sheet contributions to future sea-level change. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, 364, 1709-1731 10.1098/rsta.2006.1796 , 2006.
- Simulated global-mean sea-level changes over the last half-millennium. J. Climate, 19, 4576-4591, 2006.
- Mountain climate. Hostile habitats: Scotland's mountain environment, pages 10-21, Scottish Mountaineering Trust, 2006.
- The effect of a large freshwater perturbation on the glacial North Atlantic ocean using a general circulation model. J. Climate, 19, 4436-4447, 2006.
- The new Hadley Centre climate model HadGEM1: Evaluation of coupled simulations. J. Climate, 19, 1327-1353, 2006.
- Understanding projections of sea level rise in a Hadley Centre coupled climate model. J. Geophys. Res., 111, C11014 10.1029/2005jc003421 , 2006.
- The role of sea-level rise and the Greenland ice sheet in dangerous climate change: implications for the stabilisation of climate. Avoiding Dangerous Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Evaluation of the sea ice simulation in a new coupled atmosphere-ocean climate model (HadGEM1). J. Geophys. Res., 111, C12014 10.1029/2005jc003033 , 2006.
- Anthropogenic warming of the oceans: observations and model results. J. Climate, 19, 1873-1900, 2006.
- Observational constraints on past attributable warming and predictions of future global warming. J. Climate, 19, 3055-3069, 2006.
- Investigating the Causes of the Response of the Thermohaline Circulation to Past and Future Climate Changes. J. Climate, 19, 1365-1387 10.1175/jcli3689.1 , 2006.
- On the climate response of the low-latitude Pacific ocean to changes in the global freshwater cycle. Clim. Dyn., 27, 593-611 10.1007/s00382-006-0151-7 , 2006.
- Towards a risk assessment for shutdown of the Atlantic thermohaline circulation. Avoiding Dangerous Climate Change, pages 49-54, Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Penetration of human-induced warming into the world's oceans. Science, 309, 284-287, 2005.
- Constraining climate forecasts: the role of prior assumptions. Geophys. Res. Lett., 32, L09702 10.1029/2004gl022241 , 2005.
- A model intercomparison of changes in the Atlantic thermohaline circulation in response to increasing atmospheric CO₂ concentration. Geophys. Res. Lett., 32, L12703 10.1029/2005gl023209 , 2005.
- Systematic optimisation and climate simulation of FAMOUS, a fast version of HadCM3. Clim. Dyn., 25, 189-204 10.1007/s00382-005-0027-2 , 2005.
- An AOGCM simulation of the climate response to a volcanic super-eruption. Clim. Dyn., 25, 725-738 10.1007/s00382-005-0066-8 , 2005.
- The effects of climate change on storm surges around the United Kingdom. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, 363, 1313-1328 10.1098/rsta.2005.1570 , 2005.
- Elimination of the Greenland ice sheet in a high CO₂ climate. J. Climate, 18, 3409-3427 10.1175/jcli3482.1 , 2005.
- Entropy and Gaia: is there a link between MEP and self-regulation in the climate system?. Non-equilibrium thermodynamics and the production of entropy: life, Earth and beyond, Springer, 2005.
- Coastal and global averaged sea level rise for 1950 to 2000. Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, L01601 10.1029/2004gl021391 , 2005.
- On the consistent scaling of terms in the sea ice dynamics equation. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 34, 1776-1780, 2004.
- Simulated and observed decadal variability in ocean heat content. Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, L15312 10.1029/2004gl020258 , 2004.
- Threatened loss of the Greenland ice-sheet. Nature, 428, 616, 2004.
- A new method for diagnosing radiative forcing and climate sensitivity. Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, L03205 10.1029/2003gl018747 , 2004.
- Modelling Antarctic and Greenland volume changes duing the 20th and 21st centuries forced by GCM time slice integrations. Global and Planetary Change, 42, 83-105, 2004.
- Impact of an eddy-permitting ocean resolution on control and climate change simulations with a global coupled GCM. J. Climate, 17, 3-20, 2004.
- Climatic impact of a Greenland deglaciation and its possible irreversibility. J. Climate, 17, 21-33, 2004.
- Long term sea level changes and their impacts. The Sea, pages 715-753, Harvard University Press, 2004.
- The CF metadata standard. Technical Report 8, CLIVAR, 2003.
- The role of the Atlantic freshwater balance in the hysteresis of the meridional overturning circulation. Clim. Dyn., 21, 707-717 10.1007/s00382-003-0359-8 , 2003.
- Anthropogenic climate change for 1860 to 2100 simulated with the HadCM3 model under updated emissions scenarios. Clim. Dyn., 20, 583-612 10.1007/s00382-002-0296-y , 2003.
- Freshwater transports in HadCM3. Clim. Dyn., 21, 177-195, 2003.
- On the link between the two modes of the ocean thermohaline circulation and the formation of global-scale water masses. J. Climate, 16, 2797-2801, 2003.
- Benefits of GRACE and GOCE to sea level studies. Space Sci. Rev., 108, 307-317, 2003.
- Changes to Indian Ocean SubAntarctic Mode Water in a coupled climate model as CO₂ forcing increases. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 32, 2816-2827, 2002.
- Changes in sea-level. Weather, 57, 287-295, 2002.
- Recent and future changes in Arctic sea ice simulated by the HadCM3 AOGCM. Geophys. Res. Lett., 29 10.1029/2001gl014575 , 2002.
- An observationally based estimate of the climate sensitivity. J. Climate, 15, 3117-3121 10.1175/1520-0442(2002)015$<$3117:aobeot$>$2.0.co;2 , 2002.
- Ocean angular momentum signals in a climate model and implications for Earth rotation. Clim. Dyn., 19, 181-190, 2002.
- The role of climate sensitivity and ocean heat uptake on AOGCM transient temperature response. J. Climate, 15, 124-130, 2002.
- Distinguishing the influences of heat, freshwater and momentum fluxes on ocean circulation and climate. J. Climate, 15, 3686-3697, 2002.
- Processes governing the recovery of a perturbed thermohaline circulation in HadCM3. J. Climate, 15, 764-780, 2002.
- Sea level change. Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, pages 2599-2604, Academic Press, 2001.
- Changes in sea level. Climate change 2001: The scientific basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, pages 639-693, Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- A comparison of extreme European daily precipitation simulated by a global and a regional climate model for present and future climates. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc., 127, 1005-1015, 2001.
- Comparison of results from several AOGCMs for global and regional sea-level change 1900--2100. Clim. Dyn., 18, 225-240 10.1007/s003820100180 , 2001.
- Correlations between patterns of 19th and 20th century surface temperature change and HadCM2 climate model ensembles. Geophys. Res. Lett., 28, 1007-1010, 2001.
- Changes in the occurrence of storm surges around the United Kingdom under a future climate scenario using a dynamic storm surge model driven by the Hadley Centre climate models. Clim. Dyn., 18, 179-188, 2001.
- Use of an upwelling-diffusion energy balance climate model to simulate and diagnose A/OGCM results. Clim. Dyn., 17, 601-613, 2001.
- Mechanisms determining the Atlantic thermohaline circulation response to greenhouse gas forcing in a non-flux-adjusted coupled climate model. J. Climate, 14, 3102-3116, 2001.
- Are observed decadal changes in intermediate water masses a signature of anthropogenic climate change?. Geophys. Res. Lett., 27, 2961-2964, 2000.
- The Simulation of SST, sea ice extents and ocean heat transports in a version of the Hadley Centre coupled model without flux adjustments. Clim. Dyn., 16, 147-168 10.1007/s003820050010 , 2000.
- Predictions of global and regional sea-level rise using AOGCMs with and without flux adjustment. Geophys. Res. Lett., 27, 3069-3072, 2000.
- Vertical heat transports in the ocean and their effect on time-dependent climate change. Clim. Dyn., 16, 501-515 10.1007/s003820000059 , 2000.
- Camelot---a database for climate model output. Meteorol. Appl., 7, 83-90, 2000.
- Air flow influences on local climate: observed and simulated mean relationships for the United Kingdom. Climate Res., 13, 173-191, 1999.
- Changing spatial structure of the thermohaline circulation in response to atmospheric CO₂ forcing in a climate model. Nature, 399, 572-575, 1999.
- Simulated future sea-level rise due to glacier melt based on regionally and seasonally resolved temperature changes. Nature, 391, 474-476, 1998.
- The climate response to CO₂ of the Hadley Centre coupled AOGCM with and without flux adjustment. Geophys. Res. Lett., 24, 1943-1946 10.1029/97gl01930 , 1997.
- Summer drought in northern mid-latitudes in a time-dependent CO₂ climate experiment. J. Climate, 10, 662-686, 1997.
- An introduction to simple climate models used in the IPCC second assessment report. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, IPCC Technical Paper II, 1997.
- Changes in daily precipitation under enhanced greenhouse conditions. Clim. Dyn., 13, 667-680, 1997.
- The Second Hadley Centre Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere GCM: Model Description, Spinup and Validation. Clim. Dyn., 13, 103-134, 1997.
- The coming climate. Sci. Am., 276, 78-83, 1997.
- Simulation of daily variability of surface temperature and precipitation over Europe in the current and $2 times mboxCO_2$ climates using the UKMO high-resolution climate model. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc., 121, 1451-1476, 1995.
- Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere Modelling at the Hadley Centre. Proceedings of the workshop on global coupled general circulation models, pages 12-13, 1995.
- Climate response to increasing levels of greenhouse gases and sulphate aerosols. Nature, 376, 501-504, 1995.
- The Sverdrup relation generalized to include bottom topography and friction---a new derivation and correction to Fofonoff. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 23, 1867-1869, 1993.
- Sea level changes under increasing atmospheric CO₂ in a transient coupled ocean--atmosphere GCM experiment. J. Climate, 6, 2247-2262, 1993.
- Application of Markov models to area-average daily precipitation series and interannual variability in seasonal totals. Clim. Dyn., 8, 299-310, 1993.
- Determining and interpreting the order of a two-state Markov chain: application to models of daily precipitation. Water Resour. Res., 28, 1443-1446, 1992.
- Climatic consequences of emissions and a comparison of IS92a and SA90. Climate change 1992: the supplementary report to the IPCC scientific assessment, pages 173-175, Cambridge University Press, 1992.
- Reliable yield of reservoirs and possible effects of climate change. Hydrolog. Sci. J., 36, 579-598, 1991.
- Precipitation in Britain: an analysis of area-average data updated to 1989. Int. J. Climatol., 11, 331-345, 1991.
Page generated by a modified version of the bibtex2html php script of Andreas Classen.