We are home to a diverse and thriving community, which provides a unique and rewarding environment in which to live and study.
Our students thoroughly enjoy life at Reading and benefit significantly from the unique experience we provide.
We want you to get the most out of your time at Reading, both personally and academically. Our tailored and friendly approach; the wide range of support services we provide; and the University's central location within a thriving town, and within easy reach of London, make Reading an ideal choice.
Choosing ReadingAt Reading you will benefit from:
- all students are assigned a personal tutor upon enrolment, with whom they can regularly discuss their personal and academic progress.
- the University and the Students' Union offer an extensive range of guidance and support services, offering help and advice on a wide variety of issues.
- a popular and active sporting and social scene, catering for all interests.
- a guaranteed place in our halls of residence if you accept a place before the August deadline.
- welcome events during the opening weeks of term, allowing you to make friends with a wide range of people, including others on your degree programme and students from your home country.
- an award-winning careers advisory service.
- pre-sessional and in-sessional language courses for overseas students looking to improve their use of English.
- a one-stop Students Services Centre.
- a Students' Union providing a wide range of additional services.
- a centrally located campus, set in 130 hectares of beautiful parkland. With its excellent transport links, Reading provides easy access to London and other leading UK cities.
Networking and social interaction are vital business skills. Current students are members of a wide range of student societies, popular and special interest groups and successful sporting teams.
Open days - come and meet us
We understand that visiting and taking a tour of where you may soon be living and studying is vital in helping you to reach your final decision on the right degree programme and university for you. For more information please visit our open day pages.